Kell fell asleep on the couch one night so we gave him a pillow and a blanket Which we made out of kleenex because we always have those around on our coffee table for when we watch feely stuff
doesn’t even go with my blog but i can’t scroll past this without regretting not reblogging it.
Keeping honorifics is objectively amateurish and bad. Why translate into English at all if you’re gonna cherry-pick stuff to keep in Japanese? The English adaptation doesn’t lose anything if you drop the honorifics. Japanese isn’t some super-special language that has to be translated differently than any other language (relatively speaking). I think Japanese is neat, but it’s the fetishization of the Japanese language that leads to bad translation choices.
Even a “casual” translation (maybe “rough” or “literal” is more accurate) should drop or adapt all honorifics. If the context calls for it, other words can convey the honorific’s meaning. It’s usually pretty simple, like “Himawari-sensei” into “Dr. Himawari,” who works at the hospital. Or your basic “Kamoshita-san” into “Mrs. Kamoshita,” the morning jogger at the park. The adaptation into English flows much better that way.
Remember everyone, don’t be like TV-Nihon—drop those honorifics, kick out those lazy excuse translator’s notes, and translate properly!
Great :D I can’t really give a due date on this, and I’ll be busy with official translation work from my job starting May 1st, but I can work on the scripts in my free time.
Okay, so you’ve cleaned up your act. That’s good to hear.
I checked out your recent sub of episode 298… it needs work. Grammar and context errors everywhere, in the opening/ending songs as well as the episode itself. You also leave in honorifics, which is pretty much the opposite of pro. I’m not too fond of the multicolor subs for dialogue, either, as using one color for all the dialogue is much easier for everyone to read.
That said, your font choice and outline thickness is okay, and adding romaji lyrics at the top of the screen with English at the bottom looks okay too. If you’re willing to make some changes in presentation, I can write up translated scripts for episodes 321 and 330. What do you think?
You’re welcome! Fans’ll like me until I start throwin’ shade on someone they like more, haha. :V
Keroro and Kururu are such a thing, they oughta make Tamama’s Envy-dar go off.
Please elaborate on what you mean by “help.” Also, aren’t you the same Radekiman who supposedly stole Keroro fansubs from others to use as your own?
It’s finally time for the whole platoon+α to show up! Here’s Keroro File 005: Keroro Platoon Formation!
At some point over the past couple days, I broke the 200 follower mark. I got nothing special prepared, except to say thank you!! :D
I’ve started scanslating volume 23, though it’s going a little slow. I only did one page today, because I felt like this:
We all have those days.
"animated tv shows for adults can’t really be funny unless they’re offensive, it’s called satire!"
I’ll just leave this here.
I also use it in my Keroro manga scanslations. A while back, I used to have Aki call him “Kero-dear” instead, and later I settled on “kins.” Aki’s such a mom, huh? :V
1. name: Rat
2. birthday: May 28
3. favorite color: Yellow
4. lucky number: 7
5. height: 5’4”talents
1. last dream you remember: Some anxiety-laced dream about struggling to get ready to leave the house on time and where did my socks go why won’t my shoelaces tie
2. can you juggle: nope
3. art/sports/both: the creative arts
4. do you like writing: DO I LIKE BREATHING
5. do you like dancing: Rats don’t dance
6. do you like singing: All by myselffantasize
1. dream vacation: In the sickest forest treehouse ever
2. dream date: We see a movie and both analyze it afterwards while still enjoying it. Also hella sushi.
3. dream guy/gal/enby: Someone who thinks the world needs more compassion
4. dream wedding: non-religious
5. dream pet: Rats! I got 2!
6. dream job: Successful goddamn novelistmusic
1. favorite song: Oingo Boingo - No One Lives Forever (I just picked one of my favorites)
2. favorite album: Poolside by Nu Shooz (also random favorite)
3. favorite artist: Saeko Suzuki
4. last song you heard on the radio: I don’t listen to the radio unless it’s in someone else’s car and I have to deal with it
5. least favorite song: some jerk’s song
6. least favorite album: some jerk’s album
7. least favorite artist: Does Denis Leary count?preferences
1. guys/girls/enbies: GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS
2. hair color: doesn’t matter
3. eye color: doesn’t matter
4. humorous/serious: Have a sense of humor, at least
5. taller/shorter: doesn’t matter
6. biggest turn-off: “Ironic” bigotry
7. biggest turn-on: Empathy
Just a thing to prove to my mom.
Please reblog if you’re a girl and you don’t shave your legs/arm pits, or you’re a girl who does shave her legs/arm pits, but doesn’t think any the less of others that do not or if you’re a guy who doesn’t care if a girl shaves or not.
If I get enough reblogs, I’ll show this to her, and maybe it will be enough to convince her to stop telling me to be ashamed of my body’s natural functions just because I’m a girl.